Whole30 Low Calorie Chicken Parmesan
This Whole30 approved chicken parmesan is a healthier version of the classic Italian dish. It's low in calories and packed with flavor, making it the perfect dinner option for those following a Whole30 diet.
Nutrition Per Serving
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded dairy-free mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil, chopped, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a shallow dish, mix together almond flour, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, onion powder, dried basil, dried oregano, sea salt, and black pepper.
- In another shallow dish, whisk together egg and almond milk.
- Dip each chicken breast into the egg mixture, then coat in the almond flour mixture, pressing the mixture onto the chicken to ensure it sticks.
- Place the chicken breasts on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the coating is crispy.
- Remove from the oven and spoon marinara sauce over each chicken breast.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over the top of each chicken breast.
- Return to the oven and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Garnish with fresh chopped basil before serving.
How does this recipe look?
Find your next favorite recipe with AI