Vegetarian Sambar Delight
A delicious and nutritious vegetarian sambar recipe that is sure to delight your taste buds!
Nutrition Per Serving
- 1 cup toor dal
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 potato, chopped
- 1 drumstick, chopped
- 1/2 cup tamarind pulp
- 2 tbsp sambar powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 2 dried red chillies
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Wash the toor dal and pressure cook it with 2 cups of water and turmeric powder for 3-4 whistles.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, dried red chillies and curry leaves.
- Add chopped onions and sauté till they turn translucent.
- Add chopped tomatoes and sauté till they turn mushy.
- Add chopped vegetables and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sambar powder and mix well.
- Add tamarind pulp and 2 cups of water.
- Add salt to taste and mix well.
- Let the vegetables cook till they are soft and tender.
- Add the cooked toor dal and mix well.
- Let the sambar simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice or idli.
How does this recipe look?
Find your next favorite recipe with AI