This delicious vegetarian pasta dish is a great way to get your daily dose of vegetables. It's easy to make and full of flavor!
Nutrition Per Serving
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, bell pepper, zucchini, and mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the oregano, basil, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper. Cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and vegetable broth. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the penne pasta and cook until the pasta is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese and serve.
How does this recipe look?
Find your next favorite recipe with AI