Vegan Mangosteen Lunch Bowl
This vegan lunch bowl is packed with flavor and nutrition. The star of the show is the mangosteen, a tropical fruit that is rich in antioxidants and has a sweet, tangy flavor. Combined with quinoa, avocado, and a variety of veggies, this bowl is a satisfying and healthy meal.
Nutrition Per Serving
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped mangosteen
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted almonds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1. Rinse the quinoa in a fine mesh strainer and add it to a medium saucepan with the water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cover. Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the water is absorbed and the quinoa is tender.
- 2. While the quinoa is cooking, prepare the veggies. Slice the avocado and bell peppers, halve the cherry tomatoes, and chop the kale, spinach, cucumber, and carrots.
- 3. To make the dressing, whisk together the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl.
- 4. Once the quinoa is done, fluff it with a fork and divide it among four bowls. Top each bowl with the sliced avocado, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, kale, spinach, cucumber, carrots, and mangosteen.
- 5. Drizzle the dressing over each bowl and sprinkle with the chopped cilantro, mint, and roasted almonds. Serve immediately.
How does this recipe look?
Find your next favorite recipe with AI