Tropical Taro Pancakes
These pancakes are a delicious and unique twist on traditional pancakes, featuring taro root and tropical flavors.
Nutrition Per Serving
- 1 cup taro root, grated
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, pineapple juice, egg, and vegetable oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the grated taro and shredded coconut.
- Heat a nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of batter onto the skillet for each pancake.
- Cook until bubbles form on the surface of the pancake and the edges start to dry, then flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Serve hot with your favorite tropical toppings, such as sliced mango, papaya, or kiwi.
How does this recipe look?
Find your next favorite recipe with AI