Sweet and Sour Chicken with Freeze Dried Marshmallows
This unique twist on a classic dish will have your taste buds dancing with delight. The combination of sweet and sour flavors with the added crunch of freeze dried marshmallows is sure to be a hit with the whole family.
Nutrition Per Serving
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 cup freeze dried marshmallows
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until browned on all sides, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers and onion to the skillet and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, until the vegetables are slightly softened.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the white vinegar, brown sugar, ketchup, and soy sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and vegetables in the skillet and stir to coat.
- Add the freeze dried marshmallows and pineapple chunks to the skillet and stir to combine.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water until smooth.
- Pour the cornstarch mixture into the skillet and stir to combine.
- Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, until the sauce has thickened and the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve hot over rice or noodles.
How does this recipe look?
Find your next favorite recipe with AI