Spinach and Tomato Lasagna Bake
This delicious and healthy lasagna bake is perfect for a cozy night in. Packed with spinach and tomatoes, it's a great way to get your veggies in while still enjoying a comforting meal.
Nutrition Per Serving
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, basil, oregano, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine spinach, ricotta cheese, and Parmesan cheese.
- Spread 1 cup of the tomato sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Top with 3 lasagna noodles, 1/3 of the spinach mixture, and 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers twice, ending with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
How does this recipe look?
Find your next favorite recipe with AI