This cake is perfect for a beach-themed party or just a fun summer treat. It's made to look like a sandcastle, complete with turrets and a moat!
Nutrition Per Serving
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 can vanilla frosting
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup candy shells
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan.
- Prepare cake mix according to package instructions. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cake cool completely. Meanwhile, prepare frosting by mixing vanilla frosting with 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs and 1/4 cup powdered sugar. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/4 cup milk, 1/4 cup butter, 1 tsp vanilla extract, and 1/2 tsp salt. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Cut cooled cake in half horizontally. Spread frosting mixture on top of bottom layer and place top layer back on. Spread chocolate mixture over entire cake, making sure to create a textured surface that looks like sand.
- Decorate cake with chocolate chips, sliced almonds, and candy shells to create turrets and a moat. Serve and enjoy!
How does this recipe look?
Find your next favorite recipe with AI