Pinto Bean Fiesta Soup
This hearty soup is packed with flavor and perfect for a chilly evening. Loaded with pinto beans, vegetables, and spices, it's sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
Nutrition Per Serving
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers and jalapeno pepper and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, and cayenne pepper and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the vegetable broth, pinto beans, diced tomatoes, and corn and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the cilantro and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve hot with your favorite toppings, such as shredded cheese, sour cream, or avocado.
How does this recipe look?
Find your next favorite recipe with AI