Old Fashioned Apple Pie Bars
These apple pie bars are a delicious twist on the classic dessert. With a buttery crust and a sweet apple filling, they're perfect for any occasion.
Nutrition Per Serving
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups apples, peeled and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add 1 egg and mix until dough comes together.
- Press dough into bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining egg, brown sugar, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
- Stir in apples, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, cloves, and salt.
- Pour mixture over crust.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until filling is set.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.
How does this recipe look?
Find your next favorite recipe with AI