Low Carb Kids' Delight
This dish is a healthy and delicious option for kids who love pasta but need to cut down on carbs. It's packed with flavor and nutrients that will keep them satisfied and energized.
Nutrition Per Serving
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds.
- Place squash halves cut side down on a baking sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook ground turkey, onion, and garlic over medium heat until turkey is no longer pink.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until sauce has thickened.
- Using a fork, scrape the flesh of the spaghetti squash into a large bowl.
- Add the turkey mixture to the bowl and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.
How does this recipe look?
Find your next favorite recipe with AI