Indian Chicken and Chickpea Curry
This flavorful curry combines tender chicken and hearty chickpeas in a rich and aromatic sauce. Perfect for a cozy night in or a dinner party with friends.
Nutrition Per Serving
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside.
- Add the onion, garlic, and ginger to the pot and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the curry powder, cumin, coriander, turmeric, and cayenne pepper to the pot and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the diced tomatoes, chicken broth, and coconut milk to the pot and stir to combine.
- Return the chicken to the pot and add the chickpeas.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot with rice or naan bread.
How does this recipe look?
Find your next favorite recipe with AI