IC-Friendly Dinner Delight
This delicious and easy-to-make dinner is perfect for those with interstitial cystitis. It's low in acid and free of common trigger foods, but still packed with flavor.
Nutrition Per Serving
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Cooked rice, for serving
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the ground turkey and cook until browned, breaking it up with a spoon as it cooks.
- Add the onion, garlic, and bell peppers to the skillet and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, black beans, chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes, until the flavors have melded together.
- Stir in the cilantro and serve over cooked rice.
How does this recipe look?
Find your next favorite recipe with AI