Decadent Chocolate Delight Cake
Indulge in the rich, chocolatey goodness of this decadent cake. Perfect for any occasion, this cake is sure to impress your guests.
Nutrition Per Serving
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add milk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla extract. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks.
- For the frosting, melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Add cocoa powder and stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate. Spread frosting over top. Place second cake layer on top. Spread frosting over top and sides of cake.
- Serve and enjoy!
How does this recipe look?
Find your next favorite recipe with AI