Comforting Chicken and Dumplings
This classic dish is the ultimate comfort food. Tender chicken and fluffy dumplings in a rich and savory broth will warm you up from the inside out.
Nutrition Per Serving
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, heat some oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside.
- In the same pot, add the onion, carrots, celery, and garlic. Cook until the vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken back to the pot, along with the chicken broth, bay leaf, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the milk until a dough forms.
- Drop spoonfuls of the dough into the simmering broth. Cover and cook for 15 minutes, or until the dumplings are cooked through.
- Remove the bay leaf and serve hot.
How does this recipe look?
Find your next favorite recipe with AI