A unique and creative cake recipe that incorporates paper into the baking process.
Nutrition Per Serving
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 sheet of parchment paper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9-inch cake pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the flour and milk, alternating between the two and mixing well after each addition.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Take the sheet of parchment paper and fold it into a square.
- Cut out a circle in the center of the paper, leaving a 1-inch border around the edge.
- Place the parchment paper on top of the cake batter, making sure the hole in the center lines up with the center of the pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove the parchment paper from the top of the cake and transfer the cake to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!
How does this recipe look?
Find your next favorite recipe with AI