Bombay Biryani Bliss
A delicious and aromatic biryani dish with a blend of spices and flavors that will transport you to the streets of Bombay.
Nutrition Per Serving
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 2 lbs chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup fried onions
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup ghee
- Salt to taste
- Wash the rice and soak it in water for 30 minutes.
- In a large pot, heat the ghee and fry the onions until golden brown.
- Add the chicken and fry until browned.
- Add the ginger and garlic paste and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and fry until they are soft.
- Add the cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Add the yogurt and mix well.
- Add the mint leaves, cilantro leaves, fried onions, raisins, and cashews. Mix well.
- Drain the water from the rice and add it to the pot. Mix well.
- Add enough water to cover the rice by about 1 inch.
- Cover the pot and cook on low heat for 20-25 minutes or until the rice is cooked and the water has evaporated.
- Serve hot with raita and papadum.
How does this recipe look?
Find your next favorite recipe with AI