Banana Chocolate Delight
This dessert is a perfect combination of sweet and savory. The creamy banana filling is complemented by the rich chocolate crust. It's a crowd-pleaser that's easy to make!
2 hours and 30 minutes
Nutrition Per Serving
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Press mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch pie dish.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes, then remove from oven and let cool.
- In a medium saucepan, combine mashed bananas, sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Gradually stir in milk.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat. Gradually stir about 1 cup of the hot mixture into the beaten egg yolks, then stir the egg yolk mixture back into the saucepan.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour banana mixture into cooled crust.
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips and heavy cream over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Drizzle chocolate mixture over banana filling.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
How does this recipe look?
Find your next favorite recipe with AI