Baby Carrot and Quinoa Salad
Carol Augustine Benito
This refreshing salad is perfect for a light lunch or as a side dish. The combination of baby carrots and quinoa provides a satisfying crunch, while the dressing adds a tangy sweetness.
Nutrition Per Serving
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 pound baby carrots, trimmed and peeled
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan, bring the quinoa and water to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the water is absorbed and the quinoa is tender.
- Meanwhile, using a vegetable peeler, shave the baby carrots into thin ribbons and place in a large bowl.
- Add the parsley, mint, cilantro, and red onion to the bowl with the carrots.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Add the cooked quinoa to the bowl with the vegetables and toss to combine.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
How does this recipe look?
Find your next favorite recipe with AI