Whole30 High Protein Orange Chicken and Rice
This Whole30 compliant orange chicken and rice recipe is packed with protein and flavor. The orange sauce is made with fresh orange juice and zest, and the chicken is coated in almond flour for a crispy texture. Serve over cauliflower rice for a healthy and satisfying meal.
Nutrition Per Serving
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 4 cups cauliflower rice
- In a shallow bowl, mix together the almond flour, salt, and black pepper.
- Coat the chicken pieces in the almond flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cook for 5-7 minutes, until browned and cooked through.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, orange zest, coconut aminos, honey, and arrowroot starch.
- Pour the orange sauce over the chicken in the skillet and stir to coat.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
- Stir in the chopped green onions.
- Serve the orange chicken over cauliflower rice.
How does this recipe look?
Find your next favorite recipe with AI