Old-Fashioned Apple Pie
This classic apple pie recipe is perfect for any occasion. With a flaky crust and sweet, cinnamon-spiced filling, it's sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
Nutrition Per Serving
- 1 double pie crust
- 6 cups thinly sliced, peeled apples
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Roll out half of the pie crust and place in a 9-inch pie dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sliced apples, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Pour the apple mixture into the pie crust.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and sprinkle over the top of the apples.
- Roll out the remaining pie crust and place over the top of the apples. Trim the edges and crimp to seal.
- Cut a few slits in the top crust to allow steam to escape.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
- Let cool for at least 30 minutes before serving.
How does this recipe look?
Find your next favorite recipe with AI