Harira Lamb Stew
A hearty and flavorful stew made with tender lamb, chickpeas, lentils, and a blend of aromatic spices. Perfect for a cozy dinner on a cold night.
1 hour and 20 minutes
Nutrition Per Serving
- 1 lb lamb, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dried lentils
- 1/2 cup dried chickpeas
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat some oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the lamb and cook until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the cumin, coriander, paprika, cinnamon, ginger, and cayenne pepper and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the diced tomatoes, chicken broth, lentils, and chickpeas and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add the parsley and cilantro and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot with crusty bread or over rice.
How does this recipe look?
Find your next favorite recipe with AI