Bangladeshi Spiced Chicken Curry
This flavorful chicken curry is a staple in Bangladeshi cuisine. The combination of spices and herbs creates a delicious and aromatic dish that is perfect for any occasion.
Nutrition Per Serving
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt, to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook for another minute.
- Add the chicken and cook until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cumin, coriander, turmeric, chili powder, and garam masala and cook for another minute.
- Add the tomato puree and water and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the curry simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Serve hot with rice or naan bread.
How does this recipe look?
Find your next favorite recipe with AI