Vegetarian Bisibelebath Bliss
A delicious and hearty vegetarian version of the classic South Indian dish, bisibelebath. Made with a flavorful blend of rice, lentils, vegetables, and spices, this dish is sure to satisfy your taste buds and keep you feeling full and satisfied.
Nutrition Per Serving
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup toor dal
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 potato, chopped
- 1/2 cup green beans, chopped
- 1/2 cup peas
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cups water
- Wash the rice and dal together and soak in water for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds start to splutter, add the chopped onion and sauté until golden brown.
- Add the chopped vegetables and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the soaked rice and dal, along with turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala, and salt.
- Add 4 cups of water and mix well.
- Close the pressure cooker and cook for 3-4 whistles.
- Let the pressure release naturally.
- Open the pressure cooker and mix well.
- Serve hot with papad and raita.
How does this recipe look?
Find your next favorite recipe with AI