Vegan Steakhouse Delight
This vegan dish is a hearty and flavorful alternative to traditional steakhouse fare. Made with seitan and a savory mushroom gravy, it's sure to satisfy even the most carnivorous of appetites.
Nutrition Per Serving
- 1 pound seitan
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper.
- Cut seitan into 4 equal pieces and dredge in flour mixture, shaking off excess.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add seitan and cook until browned on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a baking dish.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook until tender, about 5 minutes more.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vegetable broth, soy sauce, cornstarch, and water. Add to skillet and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Pour gravy over seitan in baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh herbs if desired.
How does this recipe look?
Find your next favorite recipe with AI