Vegan Butternut Squash Risotto with Leeks and Spinach
This creamy and flavorful vegan risotto is made with roasted butternut squash, sautéed leeks, and wilted spinach. It's the perfect comfort food for a cozy night in.
Nutrition Per Serving
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 leek, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Toss the diced butternut squash with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and spread it out on a baking sheet. Roast for 20-25 minutes, or until tender and lightly browned.
- In a large saucepan, heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add the sliced leek and garlic and sauté for 3-4 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the Arborio rice to the saucepan and stir to coat it in the oil. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the rice is lightly toasted.
- Add the white wine to the saucepan and stir until it has been absorbed by the rice.
- Add the vegetable broth to the saucepan, one cup at a time, stirring constantly and waiting for each cup to be absorbed before adding the next.
- Once all of the broth has been added and absorbed, stir in the roasted butternut squash, baby spinach, and nutritional yeast. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the spinach has wilted and the risotto is creamy and tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.
How does this recipe look?
Find your next favorite recipe with AI