Rice and Potato Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
These cabbage rolls are filled with a savory mixture of rice and potatoes, and baked in a tomato sauce until tender and delicious.
Nutrition Per Serving
- 1 head of cabbage
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the cabbage and cook for 5 minutes, or until the leaves are tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the diced potatoes, paprika, thyme, salt, and black pepper. Cook for 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the cooked rice to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Place a cabbage leaf on a cutting board and spoon some of the rice and potato mixture onto the center of the leaf. Roll up the leaf, tucking in the sides as you go. Repeat with the remaining cabbage leaves and filling.
- In a large baking dish, combine the diced tomatoes and vegetable broth. Place the cabbage rolls in the dish, seam side down.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until the cabbage rolls are tender and the sauce is bubbly.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh parsley if desired.
How does this recipe look?
Find your next favorite recipe with AI