Lamb and Rosemary Pie
This savory pie is filled with tender lamb and fragrant rosemary, all wrapped up in a flaky pastry crust. Perfect for a cozy dinner on a chilly evening.
Nutrition Per Serving
- 1 lb. ground lamb
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large skillet, cook the ground lamb over medium heat until browned. Drain any excess fat.
- Add the onion, garlic, and rosemary to the skillet and cook until the onion is translucent.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, and flour. Pour the mixture into the skillet and stir to combine.
- Simmer the mixture for 10-15 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Transfer the lamb mixture to a 9-inch pie dish.
- Roll out the puff pastry on a floured surface and place it over the top of the pie dish. Trim any excess pastry and crimp the edges to seal.
- Brush the beaten egg over the top of the pastry.
- Bake the pie for 25-30 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown and puffed.
- Let the pie cool for a few minutes before serving.
How does this recipe look?
Find your next favorite recipe with AI