Keto Chicken Schnitzel with Cinnamon Carrots
This keto-friendly version of chicken schnitzel is crispy, flavorful, and perfect for a low-carb dinner. The cinnamon carrots add a touch of sweetness and complement the savory chicken perfectly.
Nutrition Per Serving
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 lb carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet until they are an even thickness.
- In a shallow dish, mix together almond flour, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper.
- In another shallow dish, whisk together eggs and heavy cream.
- Dip each chicken breast in the egg mixture, then coat in the almond flour mixture, pressing the mixture onto the chicken to ensure it sticks.
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add chicken breasts and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, until golden brown and crispy.
- Transfer chicken to a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, until cooked through.
- While the chicken is baking, melt butter in a separate skillet over medium heat. Add carrots, cinnamon, and salt, and cook for 8-10 minutes, until carrots are tender and lightly browned.
- Serve chicken with cinnamon carrots on the side.
How does this recipe look?
Find your next favorite recipe with AI