Blue Blaze Curry
A spicy and flavorful curry with a blue hue, perfect for impressing dinner guests.
Nutrition Per Serving
- 2 lbs chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Blue food coloring
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat some oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside.
- Add the onion, garlic, and ginger to the pot and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the curry powder, cumin, coriander, turmeric, and cayenne pepper to the pot and cook for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the coconut milk and chicken broth to the pot and stir to combine.
- Add the chicken back to the pot and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water until smooth.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the pot and stir to combine.
- Add a few drops of blue food coloring to the pot and stir until the curry turns blue.
- Simmer the curry for 10-15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve the curry over rice or with naan bread.
How does this recipe look?
Find your next favorite recipe with AI