Birria Quesatacos with Consomé Recipe
These birria quesatacos are a delicious and unique twist on traditional tacos. The tender, flavorful meat is complemented perfectly by the melted cheese and crispy tortilla. The consomé is the perfect dipping sauce to tie it all together.
Nutrition Per Serving
- 3 lbs beef chuck roast
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup shredded Oaxaca cheese
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a large Dutch oven, combine beef, onion, garlic, chili powder, paprika, cumin, oregano, salt, black pepper, cinnamon, cloves, apple cider vinegar, and water.
- Cover and bake for 3 hours, or until beef is tender and falls apart easily.
- Remove beef from Dutch oven and shred with two forks.
- Skim fat from the top of the cooking liquid and discard.
- Return shredded beef to the cooking liquid and stir in beef broth, tomato sauce, cilantro, and lime juice.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- To make the quesatacos, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil and swirl to coat the pan.
- Add a tortilla and cook for 30 seconds on each side, or until lightly browned and crispy.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas, adding more oil as needed.
- To assemble the quesatacos, place a tortilla on a plate and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Top with a spoonful of the beef mixture and fold in half.
- Serve with consomé for dipping.
How does this recipe look?
Find your next favorite recipe with AI