Authentic Fatty Meat Pad Thai
This dish is a classic Thai street food that is known for its bold flavors and hearty portions. The combination of tender meat, chewy noodles, and savory sauce make for a satisfying meal that will leave you feeling full and happy.
Nutrition Per Serving
- 8 oz. rice noodles
- 1 lb. fatty meat (pork belly, beef brisket, or chicken thighs)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 tbsp. tamarind paste
- 2 tbsp. palm sugar
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Soak the rice noodles in warm water for 30 minutes.
- Slice the meat into thin strips and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the fish sauce, tamarind paste, palm sugar, soy sauce, paprika, and cayenne pepper.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat.
- Add the garlic and shallots and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the meat and stir-fry until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Push the meat to one side of the wok and crack the eggs into the other side.
- Scramble the eggs until cooked, then mix them in with the meat.
- Add the drained noodles and sauce to the wok and stir-fry until the noodles are tender and coated in sauce, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the bean sprouts and stir-fry for another minute.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts and lime wedges before serving.
How does this recipe look?
Find your next favorite recipe with AI